iTero Intraoral Digital Scanner
230 South Orange Avenue
Brea, California 92821
Curtis Orthodontics is a digital impression practice utiliizing the state of the art iTero® Element™ Intraoral Scanner.
The iTero Element Scanner is a state-of-the-art digital impression system that eliminates the need for messy putty in your mouth. With our iTero Element Scanner, we can digitally capture a detailed 3D model of your teeth and gums. Not only is this process far more comfortable than the old putty based impressions, but it’s faster and may offer a superior clinical endpoint.
During the impression process, you can breathe and swallow as normal. In fact, we can even pause during the process if you need to sneeze or just want to ask a question. The scanner gives us a 3D digital model of your mouth that we can use to create digital study models, supplemental orthodontic appliances, Invisalign and Invisalign Teen aligners, and much more.
• No gooey mess associated with impression materials
• Breathe and swallow as you normally would
• No unpleasant taste or smell
• View 3D scans onscreen immediately
• Faster delivery time for Invisalign® and Invisalign Teen® aligners as well as other orthodontic appliances
• Allows for a precise fit of all orthodontic appliances, including Invisalign® and Invisalign Teen® clear aligners and retainers
• Eliminates the need to retake impressions
• Single use imaging shield to ensure maximum cleanliness and patient safety
• On-screen visulization in real-time allows for immediate adjustment to create the ideal orthodontic scan the first time
1. THE WAND
Dr. Curtis or one of our highly trained registered dental assistants uses the wand of the iTero Element Scanner to capture images of your tooth surfaces and gum tissue. This process utilizes only visible light and there is no exposure to ionizing radiation (x-rays).
2. THE SCAN
You can follow the scanning progress on the screen, since your orthodontic model is digitally built in real-time. This eliminates the need to re-take impressions.
3. THE 3D MODEL
The completed scan is available as a 3D model that Dr. Curtis can use to begin planning your treatment and to create supplemental orthodontic appliances or Invisalign and Invisalign Teen aligners.
In conclusion, the iTero Element digital intraoral scanner system digitally captures the contours of your teeth and gums, providing an accurate, goop-free digital orthodontic scan in just minutes! This scanner system removes the goop, gagging, and discomfort often experienced with the traditional impression method using alginate or PVS (polyvinylsiloxane). The digital impression procedure ensures a more comfortable experience for you and produces a more precise scan for Dr. Curtis. What’s more, the scanner uses only visible light, so you won’t have any exposure to radiation (x-rays) during the procedure!
You can find out more by visiting www.itero.com
iTero Element Digital Intraoral Scanner
Brea Orthodontist - Brea Invisalign - Brea Invisalign Teen - Orthodontist Brea, CA 92821
Also serving the communities of Fullerton, Whittier, Placentia, Yorba Linda, and La Habra