Why Choose Us?
Specialist or general practitioner
Dr. Curtis is a board-certified specialist in orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics. Orthodontic specialists are dentists that have completed an additional three years of full-time specialty training and practice ONLY orthodontics. In addition, they are recognized by the American Dental Association and the American Association of Orthodontists in their specialty. This means that an orthodontic specialist does not do fillings, cleanings, extractions, etc. The value of a specialist to you is that the orthodontist and the entire orthodontic office is set up to give you the very best and latest in orthodontic care, and can treat both routine as well as difficult cases effectively.
Orthodontics is more than just straightening teeth. Orthodontists understand the complexity of growth development and facial form. Treatment plans include issues related to the jaw and bite, not just movement of teeth. There’s a reason orthodontists go to additional years of highly competitive orthodontic school – to learn and perfect their ability in the specialty. A general dentist is ideal for providing regular oral health check-ups, comparable to your family doctor. Many dentists offer orthodontic treatment plans, but have not been trained or educated in the area.
A board certified orthodontist is committed to the highest level of patient care including a comprehensive treatment approach to ensure quality work. And board certified orthodontists must re-new their certification every 10 years to demonstrate their continuous commitment to excellence.
Choose a recognized leader in orthodontics and dentistry, highly experienced in clinical treatment for value and quality results
Dr. Curtis is a graduate of the acclaimed USC School of Dentistry and USC Department of Orthodontics. He is a board-certified specialist in orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics and is a diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics. He is a recognized authority and gives lectures about orthodontics to the profession. Refer to his resume for his many other activities in dentistry.
Does your orthodontist have years of experience treating many different types of cases?
Dr. Curtis is a board-certified specialist in orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics, completing 3 years of full-time specialty training after graduating from dental school. He has treated many thousands of patients from age 4 to 87 and has over a decade of clinical experience. Patients of various ages may have treatment needs specific to their age, so experience pays!
Choose someone acknowledged for using the latest technology and for getting consistently outstanding results
- Dr. Curtis uses the innovative and acclaimed Damon Comfort System braces, with 600% less friction and 68% less discomfort than standard braces.
- Dr. Curtis is in the top 5% of Invisalign providers in the nation, having used this system to improve over six hundred smiles.
Look for fair fees and good payment options without sacrificing experience, quality, and the latest in techniques
- Fair fees mean that you get quality treatment, with great results, at an affordable price. Independent fee surveys show that our fees are below the average fees in Orange County
- You receive a complimentary new patient exam that includes photos and a panoramic x-ray
- Your treatment fees include all progress photos, X-rays, and initial retainers at no additional charge
- We offer personalized, creative payment arrangements to meet your individual needs!
Remember to check the important convenience factors, after all, your time is valuable
- Curtis Orthodontics is open 5 days a week with early morning and evening appointments available
- Very convenient 8 to 10 weeks between appointments as opposed to every 4 to 6 weeks with standard braces
- Low radiation, digital x-rays are conveniently taken on site with no time-consuming extra trips to a lab
- We use the unique doctor-time scheduling system so our patients are seated within minutes of their appointment time
Does the office routinely offer a uniquely high level of service?
- Dr. Curtis sees his patients at each and every routine visit, and a progress conference is held at each visit with either the doctor or Registered Dental Assistant
- All our patients are eligible for our Great Patient Quarterly Raffle! Raffle entries are given at every routine appointment for amazing prizes such as Disney gift cards, a new touch screen lap top, Knott's Berry Farm season passes, and more!